Register for ACI as a Non-Bonded Freight Forwarder (Non-Resident)

How to Register for ACI as a Non-Bonded Freight Forwarder (Non-Resident)

To register for ACI as a non-bonded freight forwarder you will need to complete the following tasks:

B.  Complete CBSA application BSF-329-9 Application to Transact Freight Forwarder Operations with the Canada Border Services Agency 

  1. Provide a copy of the appropriate proof of ownership document for your business:
    • For corporations – article of incorporation or business registration document.
    • For partnerships – certificate of formation or master business licence.
    • For sole proprietorships – photocopy of government issued photo ID.

    For supporting documents being submitted from outside Canada:

    • The supporting document must be translated into either English or French and certified as to the authenticity of translation by the certified translator.
    • A copy of the original document (requiring translation) is to be notarized by a locally recognized lawyer or commissioner of oaths.
    • The document in its original language and the certified translated copy must be submitted.
  2. An authorized officer representing the company must sign the application form. The authorized officer must have legal signing authority and can include: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, President, Vice-President, Owner, Partner, Secretary Treasurer, Executive Director or Director. In the case of a sole proprietorship, only the owner may sign.
  3. Submit scanned copies to the CBSA at

C. Complete the attached Customs City CBSA EDI Application 
    • Related Articles

    • What is a CBSA Deconsolidation Notice?

      The deconsolidation notice is now available to freight forwarders utilizing the eManifest Portal as well as clients using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). The deconsolidation notice is an electronic notice sent from the CBSA to inform clients ...
    • CBSA ACI EDI Application

      This application is required to be submitted to CBSA to join the ACI eManifest program. 
    • How do I enter an E29B shipment in ACI Highway? (ACI eManifest)

      When entering an E29B shipment in ACI you need to select the shipment type as "bonded shipment"  The port of arrival and port of destination will have to be the same if you are not a bonded carrier.  To validate the CBSA system edits you will need to ...
    • Create and submit ACI Truck eManifest

      Click "ACI eManifests" and select "Start New ACI eManifest" to create your new ACI Truck eManifest. Complete the mandatory trip info.  To create your ACI Truck eManifest: Click on the "ACI eManifests" option Select "Start New ACI eManifest" option ...
    • Create FSN (Freight Status Notification)

      Warehouses can check the CBP status of any AWB in their warehouse by submitting FSN (Freight Status Notification) to CBP. It is an electronic notification of the release or transfer of the cargo. You can also view if any shipments are on hold or an ...